On Sundays at church, do you find yourself sitting there being critical, nodding off to sleep, or texting friends on your cell phone? Is church an obligation to you or a awesome time to draw close to God? To receive blessings from church attendance, you must participate with the Holy Spirit and invest yourself in the church and church service.
Try these steps to make your church attendance more meaningful:
1. Come to church with anticipation. Anticipate something good and powerful when you enter your church. Enter into the praise and worship from the first song.
2. Come to church in a spirit of unity. Hard feelings, envy or apathy are human obstacles in the path of the Holy Spirit.
3. Come to church with a humble heart. Don't think that the powerful sermon was meant for someone else. Ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you about your life during the service.
4. Come to church to minister. Give encouragement to others. Be friendly. Instead of waiting for others to reach out to you, take the lead and reach out to others first.
5. Come to church to support your pastors. Your attendance and participation in a church service testify of your support. Pray for your pastor during the service, that the Holy Spirit will anoint the message and stir hearts. A pastor who is sustained by prayer will more effectively feed your spirit with the Word of God.
6. Come to church in an attitude of prayer. Begin seeking God before you enter the sanctuary. Sing praise songs during your morning preparation time. You will be surprised what it does for your own spirit and what effect it will have on your church.
Up North Wisdom says it's up to you to make attending church far more than an obligation. It can be the highlight of your week. Let's have a great service this Sunday. I'm looking forward to it. You can, too. Blessings.
3 months ago